Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas 2014

PLEASE SCROLL ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE BLOG. :)
John, Robert, Mandy, Lindsay, and Josh

Merry Christmas from Santa.


Lindsay and Josh snuggling by the tree

Ron and his loyal best friend, Alex

Yes, I was there, too!

The tradition where John puts the star on the tree.  We used to have to lift him up to reach it!


John checking out his trombone ornament from his sister, Cindy.

It's always fun to watch Josh open presents.

Lindsay loving her gift card.

Just had to snap this picture!  Robert is behind there somewhere.

Mandy loving her gift from Lindsay and Josh

This is my favorite first born son!

John taking a break after opening gifts.

Robert and Mandy checking it out.

This picture taken by accident but was very appropriate when it was said and done.

Lindsay loved her gifts for her dogs.

Mandy holding her new stocking. It was my mother's last Christmas stocking.
John and Ron doing a little jamming.

Alex loved his chew toy he received for Christmas

There are no words to describe how much I love these two guys.

Last minute picture before they left to go home.

This one is going to stay till January 9th!  

Since I have experienced many Christmas seasons, most of which I remember, it would be hard to select the best one.  There have been many throughout my own childhood, and then, of course the childhood of my own sons up to now.  However, I have to say that this one would be right up there at the top.  In my previous blog, I showed how I got the house prepared for Christmas, inside and out, and that was a lot of fun.  Ron and I have enjoyed the warmth that the beautiful lights, candles, and decorations have brought to our home.  It has been great for me to see some very special people through the holidays who I don't get to see as often as I wish.
One of my special treats was to get to play Santa for a family who needed a little help.  I had not been to a Toys R Us in many, many years.  I had a blast picking out dolls, stuffed animals, race tracks and a basketball.  Oh, the joy one gets from giving.

With all of that being said, the real magic began when my kids started coming home.  Robert and Mandy were the first to arrive on the 23rd!  We did a lot of running around together plus spent some great chill time here at home.  There are no words to describe the joy of having Mandy in our family now.
On Christmas Day John arrived.  Robert and I went out to meet his plane and it was thrilling for me to stand there with my two sons once again.  Yes, they were here at Thanksgiving, I know.  But, you have to realize that the only time that I have them here together at the same time are Thanksgiving and Christmas.  When we got back to the house, Lindsay and Josh, our other two, were waiting there with Ron and Alex.  Now the family was complete and Santa could come!  And come he did!  As I posted on FB, grown "kids" are still as much fun now at Christmas as they were when they were little.  We had a fabulous time as we shared gifts with each other.
We spent the rest of the holiday eating, going to movies, playing cards, and laughing a lot.  We watched lots of Christmas movies and did I mention eating?
The Friday night after Christmas, we had a gathering of family over for a little Christmas closure! ha  It was not an official party if you are a family member and were not here.  It was rather last minute and I promise I will get us all together again.  The highlight of the night was playing music.  Sometimes it was Mal playing keyboard, then sometimes Mal and me.  Later Ron joined us on his clarinet and John with his trombone.  Robert, (Cindy's husband), added a great beat with his drum pad/sticks.  It was fun, especially playing When The Saints Go Marching In!  Not a Christmas song, you say?  Well, to all of us it is now.
It is now Saturday after Christmas and Robert and Mandy just left for Oklahoma!  I am so happy for them in that they are so blessed with each other, their cat children, and their new home.  The good news for me is that John will stay here until January 9th, when we will both be flying out.  He will be meeting Salome in New Orleans (she was in Zurich for Christmas and truly missed!) and I will be going to Orlando to watch Brenda run a half marathon. This is my 5 year celebration of being cancer free.  So, it seems only fitting that I go down there to celebrate as she runs with my name on her back.
So, there is a brief description.  They say you are supposed to keep blogs short, but sometimes that is simply impossible.  There are dear friends yet to see during the holidays and those who I won't see but will be thinking about!  Thanks be to God for all of his continual blessings.
We always wait for John to put the star on the tree.  Same plastic star since he was little.

This bell ornament was from my mother's Christmas tree

Not a fancy picture, but representative of really great food we had to eat.
This "puppy chow" was addictive! (This dessert has many different names)


Mandy baked these fabulous cookies!



She also baked banana bread and made a fabulous trail mix.


No comments:

Post a Comment