Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014 in words and pictures!

Thanksgiving has always been a special family time for me.  As a child, most of my memories include going to Judsonia, Arkansas, where my Aunt Rosie, Uncle Hassell, and their daughter lived.  My grandmother Lucille, and my other Uncle Ralph, Aunt Jane, and cousin, Phyllis, would also come.  We would all gather at Aunt Rosie's one year and our house the next.  The big hits would always be my mother's yeast rolls and Aunt Rosie's fluffy pumpkin chiffon pie.
Years later after my brother and I had families of our own, we would gather at my parents' house.  Daddy died in 1990 but we continued to go there until the tornado destroyed our family home in 2001.  Sometimes Mother would come to Texas.  All I can say is that Thanksgiving has always been a special family time.

Now Thanksgiving is special to me because that is the holiday that both of my sons are here at the same time.  Along with them now come Mandy, who is Robert's wife, and Salome, who is John's girlfriend. It is also great when Josh and Lindsay are here with us, too.  Great family.

This year Ron, the boys, girls and I shared our Thanksgiving over at the lovingly named Eiland Paradise!  This is the home of David, Deana, and Chase.  I will always claim Deana and her sister, Cindy, as my own.  Their sweet mom, Dorothy, is so great to let me love them like that!  David, Deana's husband, smoked prime rib and turkey that melted in your mouth.  Zach, Deana's son, and DJ, David's son, and Tony, Deana, Cindy, Robert and Johns's dad were also there. We really missed Josh and Lindsay who went to East Texas to be with Josh's family. A fabulous meal was put together with many cooks in the kitchen. One of the highlights for me was hearing almost six year old Chase pray one of the sweetest prayers I have ever heard.  That little boy is pure joy to be around.
We shared fabulous food, great conversation, and love of family.  We made  wonderful memories and that is what really counted.  I am including several pictures to help tell the story.
Salome baked this pumpkin pie and designed the topping with a crusted pumpkin and leaves.

Salome also prepared this beautiful apple pie.

I made my traditional pecan pie.

Sweetest potatoes ever!
Chase and Uncle Rob!
The beautiful back yard on a gorgeous fall day.

Ron making friends with one of the three schnauzers!
Our Swiss cook in the kitchen!

Mandy, Robert's beautiful wife, started our morning off with fabulous monkey bread.

These yeast rolls brought back memories of my mother's Thanksgiving baking.

David and Ron watch as DJ plays with Chase.







Robert and Mandy

Deana and Salome busy in the kitchen.

John, when he wasn't looking!

Yes, this dog actually watches tv!

Salome and John

One of my favorite places to be...right in the middle!

No words needed.

Again, no words needed.

I know, this is ridiculous!

Beautiful fresh flowers on the table.

Chase explaining his football pictures to Salome.

Some sat outside by this fire to watch the football game. Awesome.

Deana and Chase reading the Christmas book that I brought for Chase.
Zach, DJ, and John 
The day after Thanksgiving with my girlies.

1 comment:

Debbie Halton said...

Looks like your favorite place is in the middle. A great place to be ! Love your story in pictures. No words needed! Xoxo

Post a Comment