Saturday, May 31, 2014

No Events Scheduled Today...Seriously???

I received my Google calendar update this morning telling me that I had no events scheduled today.  I had to laugh out loud.  I suppose I got busy and failed to post today's "events" because I have four!  I am sitting at Zera Coffee Shop in Denton grabbing a quick sandwich and still trying to process my first "event".  I just watched Cody Shipman, grandson of my "sister-like" friend, Cathy Feist, walk across the stage and receive his high school diploma.  As trite as it will sound, "Where did the time go?"  I was actually Cody's first New Year's Eve date 18 years ago.  I held him as a tiny infant while the rest of the Feist Clan (and there are many) went out in the front yard to do their traditional "banging of the pots and pans" at the stroke of 12!  It has been my blessing to watch this baby grow into an amazing young man.  Of course, he really had no choice because he is surrounded by wonderful parents, grandparents, great grandmother, uncles, aunts, cousins, and friends. I am one of those in the friends category, but they have always made me feel as if I fit in the family section.  The Feists helped me raise my two sons when I was playing the single parent role.  I love them and there is nothing I would not do for any member of that clan.

Moving on, in a few minutes, I will be stopping by a graduation celebration for the now, Dr. Ella McDonald!  I have known Ella many years and have watched her work hard, serve others, but more than anything, serve God in a powerful way.  She has been a listening ear to me many times.  I am so proud of her and look forward to seeing her soon.

Once I leave Ella's I will be going to the Bloomfield home to celebrate Elaina's graduation from high school today, also.  Elaina's mom, Wendy, is one of my dearest friends.  She, like Brenda, treats me as if "we were the same age" and I love her dearly.  Elaina is beautiful, smart, funny, and has made her parents very proud.  It will be fun to see her and the family as they celebrate this fabulous occasion.

The next stop will be to attend a baby shower to celebrate the upcoming birth of Baby Parcel!  Her parents are Alan and Stephanie, and her aunt is my sweet girl, Shelby! I think her name is going to be Alexandra, but I am not positive!  Sorry!  Anyway, needless to say, there is great joy in anticipating her arrival.

As I left the stadium, Cathy did remind me that they were also going to be celebrating at their house if I had a chance to stop by! ha ha ha.  That would make five!

Wow!  What a day!  I am overcome with gratitude for each day, but this one is way up at the top!

R.
Dr. Ella and I celebrating!
Cody Shipman about to get his diploma!

No comments:

Post a Comment