Monday, June 30, 2014

And in the morning, the sun comes up again...

There were two key phrases that came from a passage that was read to us today at my Writing Institute:

...and in the morning, the sun comes up again

...dancing with the absurdity of life.



I want to share my Writer's Response with you. It went like this:

Wow, I wasn't expecting to hear two phrases this morning that hit me right in the face.  The first one, "and in the morning, the sun comes up again"...Isn't that just the greatest gift?  There are nights I go to bed with the heaviness of my day and fortunately get to sleep and refuel for the next day.  And, so far, there's that sun the next day telling me that I get a brand new (clean slate) day to experience.  I must admit life has not been as much fun as I would have liked it to be, but I'm still putting one step in front of the other.  There are blessings all around, one of them having the humble honor to get to know the people in this room, to get to challenge my thinking and to plan my future.  Yes, the trials remain...those absurdities of life that she read about.  Yet, I choose to dance with them.  Joy, laughter, and smiles cannot be contained even if you have two emotional left feet.  So, I'll keep playing my "Happy" song every morning and really, really try not to sit out any of the dances of life.  My dance card is full and I want to dance with every hopefully happy experience that I know is in store for me!
R.


No comments:

Post a Comment