Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Done and Here I Go Again

I just finished a what was supposed to be 3 and a 1/2 week writing workshop in two and a 1/2 weeks!  It was intense and much harder than I thought it would be.  However, I learned so, so, so much about myself as a teacher and feel that I will be a better teacher as a result of being there.  I met some adorable people who are my newest friends!  I continue adding to my friend list and am extrmely blessed and thankful.
     So today I went to my office at UNT to prepare for my summer course that starts on Monday.  It will be four mornings a week until the 8th of August. I spent most of the day preparing for it and am pumped and excited to meet 27 new students.
     I got to spend time with one of my favorite people, the now Dr. Kathy Dixon, and catch up on all that has been going on with her course this summer.  She just finished teaching the course that I am going to start!  We threw ideas back and forth and had a lot of fun.  She is graduating on August 8th and I am going to be there...one of many of her supporters to cheer her on when she receives that coveted degree.
     I am so proud to be a teacher and so glad to be a part of UNT.
R.

No comments:

Post a Comment