Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Get me off this Runaway Train

You have probably noticed that my blog address contains the words, "Where are your feet".  The reason I chose that question is understood by many and explained briefly in my profile.  
Right now my feet are in a hospital room at Zale Lipshy Hospital.  Ron has been admitted for stroke like symptoms.  We will not have any information until tomorrow, so we are going through the motions way too familiar.  Even though there are concerns in this room, there are also many things for which we are grateful.  So, I am planting my feet in the moment and will let tomorrow take care of itself.

On Saturday my feet were having a great time with Ron celebrating our 13th anniversary.  We went to the Shops of Legacy for lunch and then attended a movie at the Angelika Theater.  At lunch we tried to remember how we had celebrated the previous anniversaries and were pretty successful I am happy to say.
On Sunday my feet were in Arkansas spending time with one of my best friends, Kay Allen.  I was staying with her the night before I was to attend the memorial service of a dear family member, Bill Burnett.  I always love being around Kay.  We never run out of anything to say and we laugh a whole lot.  The cool part was that it rained all Sunday afternoon and night.  We had windows open and the cool air was absolutely wonderful.

On Monday, Kay and I drove to my hometown, Beebe, Arkansas, for the service.  I saw many people who I had not seen in years.  I played for the service and many people said I sounded like my mother when she played.  I got to meet new family members and experience the joy of just "being" part of them.  I actually had trouble focusing at times because I was so overwhelmed emotionally about being back in my hometown and revisiting part of my childhood.  After the visiting was over, Kay took me by the cemetary so I could stand at the graves of my parents.  It was raining very lightly still and puddles covered my daddy's name.  But the word, WARREN, stood out boldly.  I have always thought that was a very cool name to have.

We headed back to Little Rock where Kay dropped me off at the airport for me to catch my 8:15 p.m. flight back home.  It was a short flight and only 23 of us on the plane.  After I got home was when I realized that Ron was really not himself and that brings me full circle of this blog.

This is a difficult situation.  However, I feel God's strength that He is sending to us through family and friends.  A lot of people have been going through tough times lately.  I believe that a person grows through every experience and becomes stronger each time.  At least, that is my hope.

R.

1 comment:

Carol Wickstrom said...

You forgot about the eight minutes or five minutes. Hmmmm --- which onen would it be?

Post a Comment