Friday, June 27, 2014

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!

Today felt a little strange.  I have been so used to the routine of our NSWP, that I had to think a moment after I woke up this morning, exactly what day it was and where was I supposed to be.  The next thing on my mind was that it really didn't matter that it was our day off because for me, I have so much left to do in order to finish all of my assignments.  I wound up going to the library after one diversion to a garage sale and another quick stop by Starbucks.  At the garage sale I found picture books by Eric Carle, Eve Bunting, and Jane Yolen in PERFECT condition.  Throw in one other book by a new author and I had  about $50 worth of books for $2.00. Sweet, so sweet to this lover of those "cute books"!  At Starbucks I did kill a little too much time catching up with social media and talking to John's girlfriend on the phone. But, I FINALLY made it to the library and got to work.  And yes, I do have a home....a lovely home.  But, it has a husband, a dog, phones ringing, laundry to be done, and various other distractions.  So, I always go elsewhere to do my work.  I knocked out my third personal writing and the first draft of my inquiry paper.  The problem now (even with this blog) is that I overthink about every sentence that I write!  I am sure that is how writers feel up until they submit that final draft.  I cannot wait to hand everything over to our Mighty Leaders next week.  Though there is still plenty to do,  I really think I can, I think I can, I think I  CAN!

1 comment:

Read It and Teach said...

Rosie, you are so relatable on your blog! I can certainly remember times in the past couple weeks where I woke in panic wondering what day it was, what time, and what I felt I had forgotten to do. Also, who doesn't love Starbucks and garage sales. I'm like a giddy little kid when I see great books they are practically giving away. Great choice in topics to keep your readers connected!

-Kristin

Post a Comment