Friday, July 13, 2018

My Feet Went from Budapest to Prague - April 2018

Wow, where does one start?  I am sitting in my sunroom at home still dealing with jet lag. Thoughts of the past two weeks continue to roll around in my head.  When I wake up each morning, I have to reassure myself as to where I am after traveling five countries with a different "wake-up" location almost every day.  I have seen everything from cathedrals, palaces, and the Alps to the overwhelming Terezin Encampment which held Jews during WWII as they waited to be sent to Auschwitz.  I have listened to more history than I will ever remember. I, attended a Chamber Music Concert in Vienna, Austria, and, also, one on the last night we were in Prague. I have ridden on the Eye in Budapest, wishing that I had ridden it in London and Paris.

I could go on and on about the places I have seen but it would be meaningless to some and maybe even "bordering boredom" for others.  When one travels, one lives his or her own experience. Two people do not share the exact feeling or emotion for anything they do or see.  Travel is very personal, even if you are among hundreds.  Next to my family, friends, and students, I cannot think of anything I value more.

On this particular trip, I traveled with ten other friends.  We had such a wonderful time together and we met many people from other places in the world.  We flew from Dallas to Frankfurt and then on to Budapest, Hungary, where we stayed a couple of days before boarding our River Cruise Boat.  We sailed for the next seven days along the Danube, stopping at different destinations each day.  We visited great cities along the way, even taking a side day trip to Salzburg where I witnessed the glory of the Alps Mountains.  That moment will forever stand out in my memory. However, my favorite spots were the smaller villages where you seemed to be more among its permanent residents and culture.

There are no adequate words to describe this trip other than maybe, incredible, awesome, inspiring, fun, amazing, just to give you a few.  I am going to post pictures below of this trip.  I have struggled with this blog before as I tried to keep pictures in order, sometimes being successful and sometimes not.  I am going to give it a try.  I hope you enjoy sharing some of the happiest moments of my life.































No comments:

Post a Comment