Monday, March 11, 2019

GIRLIE TIME IN FREDERICKSBURG - 2019

There is simply something about spring that generates the words, "Road Trip" and this week-end was no exception.  The true reason for this particular excursion was to celebrate my buddy, Brenda Brown's birthday.  Brenda wanted three of her closest friends (there are many of those) to go on a trip to Fredericksburg, and, fortunately I was one of those three.  I had never met the other two and quickly learned what I had been missing. Sharon, and Sandra have been friends for many years and their history with Brenda is much longer than mine.  But, one thing the three of us all have in common is that we love Brenda Brown!

We started our trip on Thursday, March 7, and ended it on Sunday late afternoon, the 10th.  There was so much packed between those two dates that there isn't enough to write.  We laughed, shopped, watched movies, ate and ate and ate, played cards and talked and talked and talked and played cards,(among other things,) Continued writing at the bottom of pictures. Read that first.
Our home away from home.  404 East Travis.

These are truly fresh flowers when we first arrived.

A little night entertainment after dinner at Crossroads on Thursday night.

I have no idea what that is above my head. We are about to have dinner.

Brenda and I met a friend.

Three fourths of our crew about to leave for dinner.  Look out Fredericksburg.

This was a real, not pretend, fun time after dinner! Followed by a long walk that seemed to "drag" on!

Sharon enjoying our beautiful living area.

This actually is a "before" picture of our crew leaving Burleson.  Thanks, Kenny, for seeing us off!

Upon arrival, good friends making a toast.

The sign says, "Enjoy" and we truly did.

One of the lovely bedrooms.

There's the birthday girl who often was heard saying, "It's my birthday!!"

I taught the girls to play Hand and Foot.  We became addicted and played until 2:30 a.m. the first night.  We were entertained with You Tube videos, operated by our DJ, Sharon!

This picture should be at the end. If I try to rearrange, they will ALL be a mess.

Isn't this beautiful?  It was taken late Saturday afternoon.

This was my first wine tasting experience.  Such Fun!

Birthday celebration (again!) at the winery.

Clink!  There were many clinks all weekend.

My new best friend, Sandra, because she thought I was 64!

This should be at the VERY end because we were back in Burleson after a perfect weekend.  Kenny took our picture again and was instructed to hold the camera high so we would look skinny!

Really cute picture of Sharon taken at the Koffee Kup.  She is really happy because she was about to eat a big ole piece of pie!

And we are back at the winery! We didn't really go back....just those out of order pictures again.

These girls were ruthless card players.  I really had to keep an eye on them to make sure they were following the rules, which I tended to change now and then!

Yep, coconut creme and I ate every bite of it.  Proud! 

Just look at those happy faces!

You are correct!  This is a porch swing!

So Sharon designed us each a glass with her cricket machine.  This one is mine.  Be sure that you see, "Yes, Way", at the top!  I liked that word, YES!

Lunch at the Winery and, no, I did not eat it all.

We each got a different entree.  The food, coffee, wine, mimosa and coffee were delicious.

Restaurant at the winery.



Grape Juice


Okay, so Sharon took this picture of me while she was on the other side.  I was pretending she wasn't there.  I know, sounds crazy.  We were silly most of the time.  Sharon would often get confused by my name and call me, Raycie!  


I have no caption for this picture other than my nails look really good!

There was a fire pit out in the back.  We needed one more night to get to use it!

Surely was wishing for my "shuffler" at home!  This had to make do!

Our trusted driver!  Other drivers had better get out of her way, I learned.
Here we are in our dignified cuteness as we left Burleson.


Birthday cards and gifts for the birthday girl.


Texas, our Texas! la la la la la

Uh, oh dear.  This was our first stop on Thursday.  Central Perk in ???

Here are all of the glasses Sharon made.

I am just an innocent observer.

Good-bye to our home away from home.  As Arnold would say, "We'll be back!"
until the wee hours of the morning.  I am sure you get the picture.  Of course, there were some things that will remain our little secret.  You know the old saying, "What happens in Fredericksburg, stays in Fredericksburg!"  Also, this writer understands that some events that bring us to tears thinking about, might have no humor or meaning to you.  You simply had to be there to really appreciate any of the stories of our time together.  All I know is that I am so grateful for the memories, for my two new friends, Sharon and Sandra, and, of course, Brenda.
I am going to now attempt to add pictures and captions.  I haven't blogged in awhile and do recall that I can get a little frustrated trying to get them in order from my photo library to here.  So, hopefully you will enjoy seeing them, with your expectations not too elevated for how they are arranged!

Thanks for reading,
Rosie (known to some as Raysie)

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Out loud laughs and tears reading this! I ❤️ you Rosie aka Raysie!!! I love "DD #1 and #2", too!! Looking forward to our next getaway! ��

Post a Comment