Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Today is a Better Day!

How can I ever be sad with this little guy at my constant side? :)

I don't know about all of you who might be reading this, but, for me, my days lately are what I would classify as unpredictable.  Just when I think I have a consistent way of new normal going on here, then out of nowhere, restlessness and being anxious raises their ugly heads and throw me for a loop.  That was what happened two days ago.  I think one thing that ignited it was when I called a local clinic hoping to get an antibiotic for a little problem and was told they didn't take patients "my age".
Ouch!  Is that even legal?  Anyway, that just pretty much got to me.  You see, I have this problem.  Though I am 72 on the outside, I am about 52 on the inside!  Problem is, on a piece of paper people see that birth date and start eliminating my value immediately.  Not fair.  I guess it is a good problem to have because most of the time I think, act, and feel like that 52 year old.  But, that reply from the receptionist did me in.  Does she know how she emphasized the words, "your age"!  Geez.

Last night a good friend reminded me to do something that I often do but afforded a different twist.  I am a list maker.  I love to make a list and then check off my accomplishments.  But, I usually make these lists during the day.  She suggested that I make the list before I go to bed, place it on the table to rest, then sleep with a somewhat cleared head of a "to do" list.  I tried this last night and slept very well.  When I awoke this morning, I went straight to my list.  I had ten items, have checked off 5 so far, and didn't even include writing this blog! It is past noon and I am feeling 52.  So, there you go!

These are my thoughts for today.

R.




No comments:

Post a Comment