Friday, February 5, 2021

Just Got Back From A Great Trip!

 


    Yes, I have been traveling all over the place!! This might surprise you with the travel limitations Covid has given the world.  But, I have indeed been traveling...all day... and never left this room.  For you see, today I went to my photo library on this laptop and revisited the hundreds of pictures I have taken over the past few years of the wonderful places I have been blessed to see.  Now, I wasn't able to go everywhere in one afternoon and that's the good news.  I will be able to go to other spots on another day!

    

    

    Today I didn't travel in any particular order.  It all began with looking at my pictures of my first trip to Paris with Brenda Brown in 2014.  Though I have been back to Paris twice since, there was something very incredible about seeing the Eiffel Tower for the first time, and enjoying all of the charm of Paris.

    After Paris, I enjoyed a beautiful afternoon walking up and down the streets of Athens.  I shall never forget looking way up high at the Parthenon, never believing we were actually going to have to walk all the way up to that thing! It was so wonderful and surreal at the same time.  Standing there among all of those ruins was an unbelievable experience. I then went to Santorini in my pictures and had a lovely lunch with my friend, Peggy, as we looked out over the bay at our ship.  We had such a great time that day.  My pictures then took me up the coast of Greece with stops in Croatia, Montenegro, only to name a few.  Of my trips, Greece was one of my favorites and I would love to go back to see what I didn't get covered!

    Tomorrow I believe I will travel the Danube that will begin in Budapest and finish in Prague.  I will stop in some wonderful places along the way such as Vienna and Salzburg.  After that I will travel back to the Netherlands to play a 200 year old organ if I am not too tired!

    There are two things that the Pandemic has taken from me:  travel and face-to-face teaching of my UNT students. It has been like a kick in the stomach.  So, on a day like today, I chose to lose myself in my travel pictures and dreaming of when I can pick up and go again.  I am confident it will happen.  As for my students, I will just have to settle for looking at them on a screen for now. I am experiencing a little jet lag so I have to sign off for now. :)

R.

No comments:

Post a Comment