Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Did Summer fly by or is it just me??

The address of my blog reads, "Where are your feet?" Most people know the reason behind this title so I won't go there.  Some would guess that it is one of those "in the moment" things and they would be correct.  Unfortunately, I am not always successful at alligning my head and heart with my feet, but I do try. Anyway, as I look back over the past few months, I observe that my feet have been a lot of different places.  I must admit that this year has faded somewhat in comparison with last year when I traveled to Paris, New York, Williamsburg, Pittsburgh, Boston, the Eastern Shore and best of all Oklahoma City to see Robert and Mandy get married.
Since the spring semester ended, my feet went to New York City to see John and Salome, to Beebe, Arkansas, to say good-bye to a dear relative, and to Zale Lipshy when Ron had his stroke.  My feet then went to the North Star Writing Institute where I spent weeks filling my head with knowledge and spending time with amazing teachers.  After this institute, my feet went back to UNT where I taught a five week summer course and got to meet 28 outstanding future teachers.  I tried to teach them things that were important in 20 days, but it was tough.  However, according to them, they had a great time and claimed to have learned a lot.  Two weeks ago my feet were back in New York City with my childhood friend where we found ourselves in an NYPD car going "down to the precinct", later visiting Ground Zero, the Statue of Liberty, going to see the Carol King Musical, and best of all, spending lots of quality time with John and Salome.
Now my feet are in one of my Flower Mound Starbucks offices taking a break from errands to get ready for our trip to Virginia.  We leave tomorrow to go see the "fabulous Alexanders" and there are a lot of them to see.  We have inlaws, nieces, nephews, 5 year old "great" twin boys, a toddler, and two new babies! My feet will be going all over Virginia and then finally out to the Eastern Shore where I will get to sit in my swing and read my book.  I can't wait.
So, after reading this, I guess I understand more clearly why it seems that summer has flown by.  I look forward to what great experiences must be ahead.  We will see where my feet will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment