Thursday, August 14, 2014

My feet are now in Virginia!

We arrived on the Eastern Shore yesterday.  I knew all was well when I could soak in the beautiful Atlantic Ocean again as we crossed through the Chesapeake Tunnel.  This is an absolutely beautiful state!

This morning I got up early to have my anticipated cup of coffee on the front porch.  Of course, the temperatures are in the high 60s in the early morning and out where our family lives it is pure green grass with flowers growing and a view of the channel. The hummingbirds also really performed and were so entertaining.

However, I knew that my main goal was to get my feet walking because we are going to be in a car several hours for the next few days.  I began walking down the road in front of the house and was going to go only as far as this long row of crepe myrtles.  I figured that would be enough for today.  But, once I got to the end of them, I decided I should, at least, go to the end of the road.  Once I arrived, I looked to my sharp right and knew I HAD to go say hello to the horses since I had not seen them in a year.  Once I petted them both, I glanced again to my right and decided that I would keep going as far as the stop sign at the end of the road.  A return trip from there would be a little under two miles.  I arrived at the stop sign and thought, "You have made it this far; you have to take a right so you can go down that favorite little path that takes me right down to the water's edge of the bay."  I knew this will mean an approximate four mile round trip but it was so beautiful out there with a fabulous breeze.  I had my music going and all was right with the world.
I finally got to the end of the road, found my little path but this time there was something new.  There was a sign down by the water that said in huge letters:  NO TRESPASSING! PRIVATE PROPERTY! I couldn't believe it!  And, being the rule follower, I was not willing to be fined while here, so I did not go beyond the sign.  I was able to see the water; the same water I can see from our family's next door neighbor's swing!
As I started back, my IPOD died, so the poor cornstalks had to listen to me sing.  They didn't fall over dead so I guess it wasn't too bad.  Once home I felt such a feeling of accomplishment.!  These "feet" have still got some "go" in them.  Of course, I realized that two weeks ago walking in New York City as I recall! ha ha  What a month this has been!
Pictures to come!


SXDYYE


No comments:

Post a Comment